Sunday, October 21, 2018

(59) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


As soon as Linden and Helmut left, Roderick moved to make room and patted the bed, embracing Piers tightly when he climbed in beside him. "Do you like it here," he asked.

"I love being in your arms."

"That's not what I meant and you know it, although I'm glad that you do." Roderick kissed the nape of his neck.

"I knew that." Piers shivered at the touch of Roderick's lips, turning in his arms to look at him. "It's different, but I do like this place, and I'll love it I'm sure, now that you're here."

"Believe me, for the foreseeable future I'm not going anywhere else. There are rumblings from certain corners about overthrowing the King, but until that happens I'm staying here." He smiled wickedly. "Of course the fact that I prodded a lot of the regional kings into thinking along those lines had nothing to do with their accepting the idea that it might be possible."

Piers laughed. "You're an instigator."

"Moi?" Roderick grinned. "No. I just like dropping a word or two in the right ears. If it works, so much the better."

"Will there be a war?"

"I doubt it. Too many of them are tired of his despotic rule. I think they'll all pull together and figure out a way to either convince him to step down, or barring that he will be assassinated."

"Then we'll be free." Piers curled up tightly against Roderick. "Finally."

"We've always been free, love. It just took me a while to realize that."

"But you did." Piers looked up at him, giving him a heartfelt kiss. "That's what counts. And now, you need to sleep and finish healing because I have plans for you for tomorrow night, and you'll have to be in peak condition."

"Oh do you now?" Roderick hugged him tightly. "I think I'll be up for that."

"Several times I hope," Piers told him with a wide grin.

"Most definitely!"

The End

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I loved it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ending that could have possibilities if one needed it! Love the story sweet! And no internet on the high seas or enough for me to get to my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if I were on a cruise I think I could survive without the internet. LOL I'm glad you liked the story.

      Delete