Thursday, January 20, 2011

This writer’s daily schedule (Aren’t you excited? –grinning-)


Wake up, hit the computer. (Not literally although there are days…But I digress)
Put water on for coffee. Check email while waiting for it to boil. You guessed it, instant coffee. The real stuff comes later.
Post to and check my web pages, and try to do a bit of promoting for my first published book.
Rescue teapot before the water boils away. Now I have coffee and am on my way to being awake. Check email again. Tag a friend I chat with every morning.
Now, finally, time to write; with luck without too many interruptions other than eventually fixing something for ‘brunch’ that doesn’t grease up my keyboard when I’m typing.
Early afternoon break for that real coffee. Walk up to the coffee shop, sit and read whatever paperback or hardback I’m on at the moment. On the way home I let my mind wander over what I’m writing. I often get some decent ideas that way on where to go next, or what new story I’d like to start.
Back to the computer. Edit, edit, edit what I’ve written in the last 24 then add to it. Intersperse that with chatting IM with friends. Break time again to try to hit a new level on the CRPG I’m playing (and replaying…it’s that sort of game) It really does help me to get away from what I’m working on and do something totally different.
Write/supper/chat/write. Sometimes I can actually multitask enough to do all three at once.
Another break to visit the chat site that I moderate for my Yahoo group.
After that’s over I concentrate on writing without interruption until my eyes blur or I’m yawning prodigiously. Then I fall into bed.
And that’s pretty much my schedule on a day to day basis. I’m anal enough (no raunchy comments from the peanut gallery) that I adhere to it fairly rigorously. Hell, it works for me. I have a backlog of stories to prove it. And I plan to submit some of them to Silver, in time. 
E.

3 comments:

  1. You need to get a TV for some movie time :)

    you forgot to say you say night to me and then...fall asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. The high point of my evening is saying 'Goodnight gorgeous' to Hales. -winking at her-

    ReplyDelete