Tuesday, July 3, 2018

(4) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


"Linden!" Roderick roared, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Racing into view, his curly hair bouncing, a grin on his face, Linden said, "You screamed, master,"

"Does nothing faze you?" Roderick shook his head, not certain whether to be angry or amused by Piers' young ghoul.

"After thirty-four years with Piers? No, not a hell of a lot does. So what did you need? It must be important."

Roderick thumbed towards the library. Once inside with the doors closed, he sat in one of the over-stuffed chairs, crossing his leg over his knee, smiling when Linden mimicked him. "Alright, straight to the point. You are to make certain Piers does not leave the estate after I've taken you there and have gone again. It's well guarded and secured but I know my Child."

Linden nodded. "Easier said than done. It's not like I can whup his ass."

"I'm sure you'll figure something out. The second thing I need is for you to do some shopping in the morning." Roderick handed him a list. "Nothing difficult there, as you can see."

Linden scanned it and laughed. "Where did you come up with these names? YouTube?"

"Well—yeah. Not good? I'm really not into the kind of music you two are."

"Next time we go clubbing I'm dragging you along. You'd fit right in." Linden looked him over and nodded. "Anyone would take you for twenty-five at most."

Roderick's eyebrows shot up. "Since that's how old I am, they'd better."

"I know," Linden replied with a laugh. He waved the list. "How bout I pick and choose?"

"Please be my guest. Just don't get carried away." He handed Linden his credit card.

"Oh boy." Linden grinned like a kid in a candy shop. "What was the limit on this again?"

"Get out of here before I turn you over my knee."

Jumping up, Linden wriggled his ass. "Oh would you Daddy, please."

"Out!" Roderick roared, but his laughter belied the angry tone.

4 comments:

  1. How did Linden come to be a ghoul and in service? Did he and Roderick have a fling?
    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How it happened will come out in time, if I remember right. *G* And he's Piers' ghoul, not Rod's.

      Happy 4th to you.

      Delete