Sunday, May 6, 2018

My Brother’s Keeper - 20


Taking a deep breath, Roy said, “Even if it makes you look sexy as hell which I shouldn’t say because it’s not my place to especially to a straight guy who will probably kick me out as fast as he can now which is fine because we were leaving anyway before you woke up which you did and…”

Tad started to laugh, tried to rein it in, and couldn’t. “That was the longest sentence I think I ever heard,” he sputtered out, collapsing against the doorframe. Once he calmed down he shook his head. “First off I have no intention of kicking you out for saying that. It was quite a compliment actually. Secondly, I told you the two of you could stay here as long as necessary. And, just because I’m curious, what made you decide I was straight?”

“The picture on your desk of the pretty blonde girl.”

“That could be my sister.”

“Then you’d have other family pictures there too. No, that’s your girlfriend.”

“True. And it’s there in solo splendor because I don’t have a boyfriend whose picture I can put beside it.”

“Yeah, right. As if you would if you did but you don’t so…well…yeah.”

Tad grinned, trying not to laugh again. “You don’t believe me, do you?”

“Should I?”

“Why not?”

“Because…hell I don’t know.” Roy stared at him, his eyes wandering from his face down over the well-defined lines of his chest and then quickly back again. He realized his mouth was dry and licked his lips.

Tad hesitated, took one step forward, and stopped, his eyes locked on the Roy’s now moistened lips.

“Damn it, will you two kiss and get it over with.”

Tad spun around at the same time Roy growled under his breath.

“Well,” Jerry said with a shrug. “You want to, don’t you?”

“Not with you standing there watching,” Roy told him pointedly.

Jerry grinned. “So, I’ll leave.” Which he did.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love Jerry! Keep talking gentlemen and keep the tongues to yourself until a plan is planned. I hope it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete