Sunday, August 13, 2017

Smoke and Mirrors - 56

“Why did you let me drink so much?” Daniel growled as he sat up and then instantly regretted it.

“You’re a big boy, I figured it was your funeral.”

“A funeral’s about what I’m ready for at the moment. Just let me die and bury me in a silk lined coffin.”

“Gods, Daniel,” Jared said, laughing. “I don’t think things are quite that desperate.”

“No,” Daniel admitted, smiling a bit. “But you gotta admit it was a dramatic thought.” He started to get out of bed and then stopped, sniffing. “Okay, where is he? And why is he?”

“Why is he?” Jared shook his head in amusement.

“Yeah why is there another male in the apartment, and a were to boot?” Daniel scowled at his partner.

“I wanted a matched pair?”

“Jared, I swear as soon as I can move I’m going to put myself out of my misery and kill you.”

“As I’m already dead I don’t think that will do you much good.”

“Gods, a damned comedian at the crack of…” Daniel cast a look at the clock, “three the hell in the afternoon? Damn.”

“Yep. I’ve been up for hours.”

“Riiight, sure you have. Doing what, entertaining your guest?”

Jared sat down on the edge of the bed, drawing Daniel to him with a smile. Before answering he kissed him gently after pushing his hair back off his face. “You need a shower,” he muttered.

“Don’t try to sidetrack me, mister. I want to know who’s here and why.” Pulling away Daniel glowered at him.

“I think you asked that earlier.”

Gritting his teeth Daniel muttered. “And you didn’t answer then any more than you are now. So give.”

Taking pity on him Jared said, “Someone who came looking for you.” When Daniel looked puzzled and a bit worried he added, “Norris.”

“What the hell, why didn’t you say so. Damn it Jared.” Daniel stood up quickly then grabbed the headboard until the room stopped reeling. “Where is he?”

“In the kitchen the last time I saw him. Slow down, breathe, he’s not going anywhere.”

No comments:

Post a Comment