Friday, May 19, 2017

Smoke and Mirrors - 13



“I guess you haven’t seen much of Mor,” Daniel said softly while he and Jared changed clothes to something that would work if they decided to check out the club.

“Just what makes you draw that conclusion?” Jared kept his voice low too, as Mor was still in the apartment.

“She didn’t know we can link for one thing, and she still harbors hopes of getting you back again for another.”

“Vain hopes,” Jared replied as he watched Daniel standing at the closet trying to decide which shirt to wear. He never tired of feasting his eyes on his partner’s lean, muscular body that was so at odds with his boyish features. Anyone who didn’t know Daniel would probably think he was a young, probably spoiled, soft, dilettante and a fan of the retro look from the style of his hair. In fact he was just the opposite in all ways except for the last.

Daniel turned to smile at Jared. “Damned straight, because you’re mine now Bat Man and I’m not about to share you with anyone.”

Jared’s eyebrows rose in amusement. “Now when did I ask you to?”

“I know you,” Daniel said softly as he paced across to stand in front of his partner. “I know I’m the only man in your life and that I have been since we met.
But I also know you still harbor some small feelings for Mor, and,” he wrapped his arms around Jared’s waist, pulling him close, “I have a very strong sense that you’ve entertained thoughts about what it would be like to take her to our bed, with me there, too.”

Jared chewed his lip before nodding slowly. “Just…imaginings, nothing more.”

“Well un-imagine them because it is so not happening. I won’t share you with anyone, especially not her.”

“You’re possessive streak is showing again.”

“Which should be no surprise to you whatsoever,” Daniel growled while cupping the back of Jared’s head with one hand. “I maybe young, relatively speaking, but I know what I want, what I wanted from the moment I saw you, and that was you.”

Jared stared into Daniel’s eyes, seeing the truth in his words as he had so many times before. “Just as I wanted you on first sight, my wonderful jaguar.”

The kiss they shared then could have turned searing, which would have had them stripping and ending up on the bed, embroiled in a wild sexual coupling. But they were both well aware that Mor was waiting for them just down the hall.

They pulled apart slowly. Jared took one more quick taste of Daniel’s mouth and then swatted his ass. “Choose a damned shirt would you please.”

With a laugh Daniel returned to the closet and took out the first one his hand fell on, donning it quickly. “Let’s go face her majesty and get this show on the road.”

4 comments:

  1. But once something is imagine and you speak of it, you give it life! Daniel and Jared is going to have a small misunderstanding I have a feeling with Mor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI I have been going through a very hard depression! Live your blog sweetie and all caught up. You make me happy but was in a dark place I see light again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are. I've never been there, but I know that it's bad. I hope the stories help in some way.

      Delete