Sunday, February 12, 2017

(97) Trevor Wallace – Dhampir



"I don't believe you. You'd have said that in the first place if it was true." The kid's eyes flash angrily. "Go in and tell him Del's here."

"Now Del, why would I want to go and do that even if he was here? If he wanted to see you, he'd have let you know."

Del looks at him with shock on his face. "If he could have, he would have, I know it. You have no idea what we've been through together, how much I love him and he loves me because of that." He walks up to Lenny. Pokes a finger in his chest. "Let me see him. Now."

Lenny laughs softly. Looks down at him. "You got gumption, for your size, I'll give you that. If you want to take a look, be my guest. There's no one here but me."

He leads them to the cabin. Opens the door. Stands aside while they enter.

"Pete?" Del looks up at him.

"I'll look. You keep our surly host company." He does. Searches the cabin. Steps out of the bathroom to look at Lenny. "Do you always use two toothbrushes?"

Lenny doesn't bat an eye. "For my lady friend."

Del shakes his head. "No. No 'lady friend'. No woman would let this place look like it does. There's no feminine touches here at all."

"Are you calling me a liar, kid?"

"Yes." Del stares at him defiantly. "Maybe I'm just a…a kid, as you put it, but I know. I remember how my mom was." He walks to the kitchen. "Look at this, no woman would let you get away with having only what's here. Not if she was at all involved with you. Involved enough to have her own toothbrush. I bet the bathroom's just as bad." He comes back. Stops in front of Lenny arms akimbo. "When's he due back?"

Lenny sighs. Glances at Pete who just shrugs.

"He doesn't know who he is, or what he is."

Del's eyes widen. "You know?"

Lenny moves around her. Sits on the edge of the sofa. "I've run into his kind before. I make it my business to know who my enemies are."

"But you...you let him live. You did, didn't you? You're not playing some cruel joke on me."

If Lenny's surprised Del knows what he is, he doesn't show it. "Not all of us are evil, Del, no matter what he's told you. He's alive. He'll probably be back soon."

Pete comes around the sofa. Looks down at Lenny. "Believe me we know there are good, decent Vampyres, and Trevor knows that as well. My lover is one and he's a friend of his, as well."

2 comments:

  1. Aaaccccckkkkk so fuckmesideways good!! You have to know how much I love you and your stories right? 😚

    ReplyDelete