Friday, July 29, 2016

The Colors of Hate - 62



“Take your meds,” Kirby said pointedly as soon as he closed the condo door behind them.

“Aw hell. Come on. It seems like I just did, at the hospital.”

Kirby shook his head. “You didn’t, and even if you had, it was a couple of hours ago.”

“Every four hours,” Dean replied, taking the bottle from his pocket to check. “See.” He handed the bottle to Kirby.

“Yeah, okay, you’re right. Just don’t forget to take them later then.”

“I gather you’re leaving.”

“I told you I had to get back to work.”

“So go then. I’ll just…see what movies you have that I can watch.” Dean crossed the entertainment center, running his finger along the spines of the movie cases.

Kirby smiled ruefully as he watched him. Then he walked up behind him to wrap his arms around his waist. “I’ll be back before you know I’m gone.”

Turning in Kirby’s arms, Dean shook his head. “You’ll catch some case and it’ll be morning or later.”

“So now you know my routine?” Kirby chuckled when Dean nodded. “If I do I’ll call so you don’t worry.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.” Kirby traced the line of Dean’s jaw with one finger. “Try to get some sleep. You need it.”

“What I need is…” Dean paused, “a kiss?”

“You don’t know?”

“I know.” Sliding his arms around Kirby’s neck, Dean proceeded to demonstrate exactly the sort of kiss he wanted from Kirby.

And he got it, and then some, in return.

“Damn,” Kirby muttered when they broke apart. “Keep that up and I’m going nowhere.”

“Oh really?” Dean’s eyes sparkled with amusement, and desire.

With a sigh, Kirby shook his head. “Unfortunately staying is not an option. So watch movies, sleep, take your meds, and we’ll see what happens, and how you feel, when I get back.”

“I’ll feel frustrated and missing you,” Dean stated positively.

“And the feelings will be mutual.” Kirby unwound Dean’s arms from around his neck—after they shared one more kiss. “This one’s good,” he said, pulling out one of the movies to hand to Dean.

“Subtle.” Dean laughed. “Go. The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll be back.”

“Going already. Damn.” Kirby grinned as he walked to the door.

For a moment they both sobered as they looked at each other. Then Dean smiled. “Hurry home,” he said softly.

“With you here waiting, you know I will.”

Dean nodded. “I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment