Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hunted – 21




Brice paced the kitchen, stopped finally and looked at Logan. “You keep implying that I’m hiding more than my sexuality from people.”

Logan nodded. “You are, although I don’t think you realize it.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“I asked didn’t I?” Brice replied.

Logan hesitated. “We can’t talk about it here.”

“Why not? What going on with you?”

“It’s more a question of what’s going on with you, and I don’t know quite how to answer that so that you’ll understand what I’m saying and accept it. But to even try, we have to be somewhere away from here and private.”

Brice’s eyebrows shot up. Then he grinned. “Is this some sort of sideways come on?”

“Hell no!” Logan growled.

“Okay, sorry,” Brice held his hands up defensively. “It was an obvious question, all things considered. But now you really have piqued my interest. Where do you want to have this talk?”

“Are you free now or do you have somewhere else to be?”

“Logan, at this point in my life, unfortunately, I have absolutely no commitments. So let’s do this now and get it over with.”

“All right. I…we need something like a large wooded park. I don’t know the city well enough to suggest one that would work.”

“How large?” Brice asked as he took out his phone. He brought up a map site and showed Logan the choices that weren’t way outside of the city proper. Finally they agreed on one called Pioneer Woods which was about a half-hour drive from the house.

“I still don’t get why this?” Brice said as they headed to the front door.

“You’ll see.” Logan glanced into the living room and saw only Skye. “Are the guys..?”

“They’re up in Kief’s room, hopefully talking things through.” She shot a look at Brice. “I’d be pissed at you, except I think in the long run you showing up here might turn out to be a good thing for them.”

He smiled slightly in return. “I hope. Noah’s a good man and Kief’s lucky to have him.”

“And vise versa,” Skye replied rather tartly. She turned to Logan and said, with a nod towards Brice, “You’re not, well you know...?”

Logan chuckled. “Nope, just heading to a bar for a couple of beers. He offered to drop me off.”

“Quick thinking,” Brice said a moment later when they were out of earshot.

“Practice,” Logan replied and left it at that for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment