Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Walt Murphy – PI – 43




I got the meal, the company, and the sex. All were better than good. Then I went home, despite wishing I could spend the rest of the night with Ricky. I had to be up and moving early in the morning, and in the right frame of mind for dealing with Eber. That would be hard to do if Ricky and I were naked in his bed when the alarm went off.

My phone vibrated just as I walked into the house. The call was blocked, meaning it wasn't from Ricky or Philips. I stepped back outside, just to be safe. I'd been gone all day and who knew if Eber would have taken a chance and bugged the place.

"Murphy here," I said.

"I have the item you're interested in," Caiazzo told me.

"That was fast."

He chuckled. "I have good people who happened to get lucky. The fool had it in his home safe. He needs to upgrade. Be that as it may, what time will Philips be at the bank?"

"We'll be there at nine. It's First Central, on Vine."

"Okay. I know the layout. He's to bring a carry bag."

"Already in our plans."

"Good. When you get to the bank you'll see two cash machines on the left hand wall. Have Philips stop there, put the bag down and make a withdrawal. My man will be at the other one and he'll put the book in the bag."

"Got it."

"When you're ready to leave, he'll be in the waiting area next to the safety deposit boxes. Give him the necklace. I'm presuming it's in a box that will fit in a jacket pocket?"

"Yes," I replied.

"He'll check to make sure the necklace is in it and then our business is finished."

"Thank you for your help."

"It's my pleasure."

"One question. Why are you willing to trade down, so to speak?"

"Let's just say Eber and I didn't see eye-to-eye on something. I owe him as a result."

"That works. Okay, I'll let you go now."

Caiazzo chuckled. "I called you but, yes, it's time to say good night, Mr Murphy."

No comments:

Post a Comment