Wednesday, April 8, 2015

33 - The darkest night will pass…




“Right on time, this time.” Kemp grinned cheekily at Seth.

“I see.” Seth kissed Kemp lightly and then slipped an arm around his waist. “Look, I hate to ask this but…”

Kemp got it instantly. “You’re hungry. It’s okay. Not like I haven’t seen vampyres feed before, you know.”

“I know, but it just sort of seems strange, having you there and watching.”

“So I’ll play keep-away and make sure no one bothers you. Where are we going to do this?”

“I usually go down by the river when I’m in this area. There aren’t many people there and it’s secluded if you know the right spots.”

“I know,” Kemp told him, refraining from saying more.

Twenty minutes later, Kemp turned to look out over the river while Seth took the young man he’d chosen into the deep shadows of some trees. He’d been surprised when he felt a pang of jealousy as the pair disappeared. He knew it was only supper as far as Seth was concerned, but still it was an intimate act to bite into the host’s neck that way.

Either Seth had read his mind, which Kemp thought really wasn’t possible yet, or he was sensitive enough to understand what Kemp might be feeling, because when he returned with the young man, sending him on his way, he told Kemp he’d fed from his wrist.

“Do you always?” Kemp asked.

Seth smiled. “Not until today, but I will from now on.” Stroking his finger down the length of Kemp’s throat he said, “Yours is the only one I want to be nipping from now on.” He demonstrated, biting lightly, which elicited a moan from Kemp. When he moved on to Kemp's ear, Kemp mustered his waning willpower and moved a step away. Laughing low, Seth took his hand. “I know. And if I wasn’t a gentleman, you’d be up against that tree right now with me on my knees, or better yet deep inside of you.”

“Keep talking like that,” Kemp growled, “and I’ll see to it that you are, and the hell with whoever happens to walk by.”

“Then I’ll behave for now.” Slinging his arm around Kemp’s shoulders, Seth said, “So, about this whole territory thing. Have you made up your mind yet?”

2 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful! I love it! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is a surprise why? The waiting that is. *G*

      Delete