Thursday, February 19, 2015

9 - The darkest night will pass…




Leif was tempted to roll his eyes. This fledgling was truly an idiot to flaunt that to another vampyre. Instead he said quietly, “You belong to someone very strong then.”

The fledgling grinned. “I hang with him. I don’t ‘belong’ to him.”

“Ahh. I thought you called him your master.”

“See how much you know. That’s his title, what he calls himself, The Master.”

“Thinks a lot of himself then doesn’t he? Does he live up to that title?”

By now the minion had forgotten his prey. He dropped his hold on her to gesture as he told Leif, “He’s all powerful. No one dares to go up against him, even the so-called King.”

The woman, realizing she was free, tried to flee only to find Leif’s hand on her arm. He spun her around long enough to alter her memories before releasing her with the mental order to run. And run she did, not looking back.

“You let her get away,” the minion hissed.

“She wasn’t yours to feed from. As I told you, this is my territory.”

“And as I said, I don’t give a damn.”

“Do you think you can take me, fledgling?”

The minion looked him over before admitting that he probably couldn’t. “But The Master could in a heartbeat.”

Leif smirked. “Oh really? Big talk but I don’t see him here to prove your words.”

Boastfully the minion replied, “I’ll set something up for you. Name the place and we’ll meet you there.”

“Tomorrow night,” Leif said. He thought for a minute before deciding on a vacant building he’d checked out on Rampart St. He told the minion how to find it and then turned to leave. A moment later he swiveled back again. “If this master doesn’t show, the word will go out that he’s a coward and not something as fearful as he apparently wants our kind to believe. Enough said?”

“Oh yeah.” The minion grinned. “This is going to be fun, watching him destroy you.”

“We’ll see,” is all Leif said in reply as he walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment