Saturday, January 10, 2015

48 - ‘Come gentle night…’




Trevor shot Kemp a look that said ‘You’re out of your every loving mind’ but kept his thoughts to himself as he listened to Kemp relate what had happened and why he needed his help. When Kemp had finished, he looked up at Trevor. The dhampir rubbed his forehead between his fingers and thumb while muttering under his breath, “Why me?”

“Because you’re the only one I know who can help me,” Kemp replied, even though he knew that was a rhetorical question.

“So I’m supposed to go looking for a vampyre who has powers even stronger than Rikard’s and take him down while saving Owen. Who the hell do you think I am? Superman?”

Kemp nodded, flashing him a tiny grin. “Superdhampir? But seriously Trev you’re the only one I can think of who can do this. I’m not nearly strong enough. There’s no way I could hide what I am from Khalid even if he didn’t know who I was.”

Pressing his fingertips against the bridge of his nose Trevor thought about all that could go wrong, but knew that despite that he’d do the best he could to find this Khalid—if for no other reason than to rid the city of him.

“I want a meet with your father and Rikard. The problem is we have to find somewhere safe to do it that’s not connected with any of the three of you which means not here, Rikard’s place or the club.

“I bet Sinclair knows someplace.”

Trevor nodded. “He might. The question is do we trust him?”

“My father does.”

“Alright, talk with him and set things up. And fast. If Khalid is going after your father, he’s going to want to move quickly before your father has a chance to leave town.”

No comments:

Post a Comment