Tuesday, April 29, 2014

25 - There dwells a spirit, waiting to be released



“I have sand in places no man should,” Merlyn grumbled. But he was smiling as he patted Alan’s fine ass and then reached for their discarded clothing.

“Next time we bring a blanket, but for now we just rinse off.” Alan got up and raced to the water’s edge.

“No way are you getting me in this,” Merlyn said, joining him and testing the water with his foot. “I’ll freeze my dick off.”

Alan laughed cheerfully. “Can’t have that now can we. I like it right where it is.”

“Me too, so you can take the plunge but me, I’ll just watch thanks. And for heaven’s sake be careful. It’s really too dark for swimming.”

“Aww, you do care.” Alan cupped Merlyn’s face in his hands, giving him a quick kiss, and then without warning put his arms around him and walked him into the water, dunking him under as soon as it hit mid-thigh.

“You… you…” Merlyn sputtered seconds later as he grabbed Alan’s offered hand, yanking him down into the water beside him.

“It got you rinsed off,” Alan said, grinning.

“And frozen to the bone.” Merlyn was on his feet and back on shore seconds later, Alan right behind him.

They dressed quickly, shivering the whole time, and then Alan snagged the carrier bag and they ran to the car. As Merlyn pulled out, heading back up the lane, he turned on the car’s heater. By the time they reached the highway they were warmed up enough that their teeth stopped chattering.

“If you ever do that again,” Merlyn growled.

“I won’t, I promise. Blue is not a good color on you when it's your lips. At least you didn’t actually freeze your dick off.”

Merlyn chuckled. “I was worried for a minute there. Now, where do you live so I can drop you off home before your boss actually misses you and throws a fit?”

“Just leave me at the library.”

“Alan, come on.”

“Please, don’t argue.”

Alan looked so somber that Merlyn didn’t have the heart to press the issue. “Alright, but someday you’re going to have to let me take you back to your place. When you trust me enough.”

“I trust you, I swear I do. It’s just... Like I told you, it’s complicated.”

Merlyn nodded, resting his hand on Alan’s thigh. He smiled slightly when Alan covered it with his to keep it there. Too soon they were back in the city. Merlyn was tempted to try one more time to get Alan to let him drive him home but decided he didn’t want to end what had been a wonderful night by arguing the point. Instead he drove to the library, turning off the car. Then he ran his knuckles along Alan’s jaw as he asked, “When will I see you again?”

“Soon, I promise,” the young man replied before tugging Merlyn’s beard with a grin, pulling him close enough that they could kiss. “I’ll miss you,” he whispered against Merlyn’s lips. “Be careful, please.”

“I intend to be. I’m not going to do anything that will keep us apart if I can help it.”

Alan nodded, kissing him one more time before getting out of the car. “I’ll call you.”

“You had better, because I have no clue how to get hold of you.”

“I will.” Alan crossed his heart. “I swear.”

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh mysterious Alan. What are you up to? I like him too but I suppose I am supposed to. Who is this boss of his that HE says keeps him on a tight leash? Again, so little clues. And I wait again. Awesome story. :)

    ReplyDelete