Sunday, December 15, 2013

Death Becomes Him - 38



Rory nodded slowly. “That would be nice. But right now I have to go. Dolph should be here any second now.”

 “Dolph?” Trent stepped away, trying not to glare. “Why is he coming here?”

“He’s been picking me up and taking me in, so I don’t have to waste time waiting until it’s dark enough for me to catch the trolley.”

“How convenient,” Trent said sourly. He scowled when the doorbell rang and Rory hurried to answer. “And here he is, Johnny-on-the-spot.” His scowl deepened when he finally saw Dolph for the first time. The werewolf was one of the handsomest men he had ever seen, tall, muscular, with dark brown hair and deep-set brown eyes. The outfit he was wearing accented all of that, something Trent wouldn’t have thought possible considering it was the height of Victorian fashion, quite unlike the tight leather pants and full-sleeved poet’s shirt Rory had on at the moment.

“You must be Trent,” Dolph said, holding out his hand.

“I am,” Trent agreed, ignoring his gesture while moving to join him and Rory, putting his arm around Rory’s waist.

Dolph seemed nonplussed for a moment. Then he chuckled. “Staking your territory, Trent?”

Trent tilted his head slightly, acknowledging his words.

“You don’t have to. I’m more than well aware the two of you are a couple. Rory made that patently clear the first time I”—he grinned broadly—“tried to come on to him.”

“Oh my God,” Rory said, looking at Trent in disbelief. “Did you think…? Is that why you’re…?”

“Well,” Trent replied, beginning to feel a bit foolish, “you go on and on about him, and then here he is and you said he’s been picking you up, and we barely have any time together now and, well…”

“Get that idea out of your head this instant! I love you. Always have, always will. How many times do I have to say it before you believe me? Yeah, we’re both so busy we hardly have time to say ‘hello’ in passing these days but still… Damn it Trent.” Putting his arms around Trent’s neck, Rory kissed him passionately.

“Umm, guys,” Dolph said a moment or two later, “this is all very cute and all, but we do have to get moving.” Trent glanced at Dolph over Rory’s shoulder, then flicked his fingers at him. Dolph laughed. “So you’ll bring him in, and soon?”

Trent broke the kiss long enough to say, “Maybe, maybe not.”

“No, I’ll go with you, Dolph,” Rory said, contradicting Trent then whispering to him, “We’ll finish what we’ve started when I get home tonight. So let him drive me while you go get some sleep. You’re going to need to be wide awake later.”

Trent hissed in a breath of anticipation and frustration. “I don’t think…”

Rory grinned. “If I can wait, so can you.” He gave him another deep kiss. “So deal.”

“I will. Reluctantly. I’d much rather…”

“I don’t need to hear the details,” Dolph broke in, chuckling.

“Then get him out of here before I take him upstairs and ravage him.”

“Now that idea will have me switching shifts with Phillip tonight,” Rory said huskily. “Come on, Dolph, let’s get moving. I have one hot, sexy man I intend to come home to as soon as possible.”

Trent smacked Rory’s ass. “Hot, definitely, in the ‘I need you now’ sense of it. Sexy, not so much so.”

“Very, very sexy,” Rory retorted. “So live with it.” With those parting words, he and Dolph left.

“And an idiot for not trusting you,” Trent murmured as he closed the door. “But never again. And I’m not sexy.”

“Yeah, you are.” Rory’s words echoed in Trent’s head, followed by a laugh. “So there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment