Monday, December 9, 2013

Death Becomes Him - 35



At that moment the door was flung open. A gorgeous young woman stood there, glowering at them, and more specifically Phillip. “Company?” she said.

Phillip was on his feet instantly, going over to greet her with a hug and a kiss. “Safe company, my dear,” he told her. “You should know I’d have no other kind.”

She bristled for a moment before nodding. She was tall for a woman, verging on five-nine, with auburn hair and a slender build. Her eyes were amber flecked with green.

“Gentlemen, this is Sienna Whelan, my fiancée.” Phillip introduced her to Trent and Rory then nodded to the chair. When Sienna sat, he dropped down on the floor beside her, resting his arm on her knees while watching the others with a hint of amusement.

It only took Rory a moment to figure out why and he laughed. “I guess we were both wrong, Trent. Werewolves do exist.”

Sienna smiled and nodded. “There aren’t too many of us around here, but yes, we do exist. So… what great meeting of the minds have I missed?”

Laughing, Phillip gave her the details of Rory’s plans for his ‘Ghost and Vampire’ tour company.

When he finished, she tapped her lips, glancing at each of the men in turn. Finally she pointed to Trent. “Between the two of us, we should be able to handle anything that has to be done during the day.”

“I agree. I do have a job but to some extent I’m my own boss on a day to day basis so unless it’s time consuming I see no problems on my end.”

“Then that’s covered.”

Phillip chuckled. “Don’t mind her. She’s a female and a werewolf and so tends to try to take over whenever possible.”

“Philippe!” Sienna actually turned his name into a growl while smacking his arm. “I am not that bad.”

He smiled up at her. “I know, my love. I was just teasing. You only do it, humm, once or twice a day?”

Rory looked at Trent and grinned. “True love personified.”

“Gentlemen,” Sienna said firmly after bending to kiss Phillip, “if we can continue. When do you plan on starting this up?”

“I’ve done it before, although it’s been a few years,” Rory replied, “so I know what needs to happen, such as finding a good printer for advertizing flyers and tickets and arranging for costumes once I’ve hired people.”

“The costuming won’t be a problem if you’re willing to go with my idea,” Phillip told him. “Most of my friends and acquaintances have things in their closets that would work.”

“Fantastic.”

“I’ll get in touch with the printer who does work for the hotel,” Trent said. “They’re good and reasonably priced. Just come up with a layout and verbiage for the flyers.”

Sienna spoke up, again. “I can design them. It’s what I do.”

“She’s an excellent graphic artist,” Phillip told them proudly.

“I am,” she replied immodestly. “Do you want to work on that tonight?”

“If you do,” Trent said, “I’ll have to leave you to it. I’m tired and have to be up at my usual time tomorrow, well this morning.”

“Why don’t we wait until tomorrow evening then,” Phillip replied. “I’ll get in touch with some of my people to see who might be interested in working for Rory. How many would you need?”

“Last time I did this, I had eight employees who worked rotating schedules. That way they didn’t burn out.”

“Very good. I’m sure I can find that many who are willing.”

“How the hell many of you are there in the city?” Trent asked.

Sienna chuckled. “You’d be shocked if he told you, I’m sure.”

“New Orleans is one of the vampire capitals of the world,” Phillip pointed out.

“In books, yeah. I didn’t know that was actually true.”

Rory hugged him. “You didn’t believe vampires even existed until a few months ago.”

“All right, good point.” Trent stood, stretching. “If one of you would let me out, I’m going to head home.”

“We both are,” Rory said, getting up as well. “We’ll be back tomorrow night though and if it’s all right with you, Sienna, we can work on the flyers then.”

“That would be fine.”

Rory thanked her, and Phillip, then he and Trent left.

No comments:

Post a Comment