Monday, November 14, 2011

Accidental Alpha #15 by Amber Kell



Accidental Alpha #15

After filling out forms for the police and calling his insurance company it didn’t take much effort to finagle a dinner invitation from his mother.
“Is it all right if I bring a friend?” he asked her on the phone.
“Of course, dear I’d love to meet your friend.” She said in a delighted tone. “Come early and we can chat.”
“Oh I’d love to have a chat with you and father.” Stanley smiled as he hung up the phone.
“Is it just me or are you enjoying this too much?” Fenris asked.
“It’s you. After the day I had, I’m enjoying this just right.”
Fenris laughed.
“Come on Fenris, let’s go have dinner with the parents.”
“Are you an only child?” Fenris asked.
Stanley nodded. “After they adopted me my mother said I was enough.”
“Hmmm,” Fenris said. “I’m thinking your mother is a wise woman.”
Stanley hooked an arm through Fenris and walked him out of the mess that was his place.
The drive to his parents’ house only took a few minutes but he could feel Fenris’ nerves ratcheting up as they pulled through the mansion gates. “Relax, hon, they aren’t monsters, well at least mom isn’t I make no promises about a guy you call the Overseer. What does that mean anyway?”
Fenris shrugged. “You’ll get more information talking to your dad.”
Stanley smirked. “Yeah, he’s a fount of information.”
Laughter filled the vehicle. “I don’t know all the details but there is one per big city. They are born hunters who have the natural skills to kill rapid wolves.”
“So are they like in charge of you.” Stanley pulled up and parked in front of the house as he waited for Fenris’ response.
“No! They are sort of like supernatural cops. They can’t kill unless there are documented problems. That attack by Sebastian will be sent to the proper authorities. Though he’ll probably only be fined it will go against other behavior issues.”
“Good.” Stanley turned off the engine. “Let’s go have dinner.”
The door opened as they approached. Stanley leaned forward and kissed the housekeeper on the cheek. “Evening LeeAnn.”
“Stanley.” The housekeeper’s dark eyes sparkled as she looked Fenris over. “Your mother said you were bringing a friend.”
“This is Fenris.” He wrapped an arm around the other man and brought him forward. “Fenris this is LeeAnn. She’s worked for the family since I was a little boy.”
“Nice to meet you.” Fenris took one careworn hand and kissed the back of her fingers. “You’ve done an excellent job helping to raise Stanley.”
LeeAnn blushed. “I’ve always thought so. Come in you two. Your father brought a friend also.”
Fenris’ head snapped up, his nose twitching. “Sebastion,” he growled.
“Yes,” LeeAnn said with a smile. “That’s his name.”
Stanley felt his stomach flip. “This should be interesting. Let’s go say hello to mother first.”
“There he is,” his father’s voice boomed across the foyer. Standing next to him was a striking blond. Six foot tall with rippling muscles. The smug expression on his face sent Stanley’s blood boiling. “Stanley this is Sebastian.”
“Just the man I wanted to meet,” Stanley said. Marching over to blond, he reared back and slammed his fist into Sebastian’s face.
Sebastian’s eyes rolled to the back of his head and he toppled over with a satisfying thud.
Stanley turned to his father. “Any more surprises tonight?”
To give him credit his father looked calmly at his unconscious guest before turning back to Stanley. “No I think that’s about it.”

           For the previous fourteen chapters go here and click on the links:
                        http://amberkell.wordpress.com/birthday-blog-story/

62 comments:

  1. Love the punch.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhahahahh :D I LURVE IT! This is progressing so nicely :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I have to say I LOVE Stanley's response not to mention his father's non reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha! Love that punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROTFLMAO!! oh that was gooooddddd!! AMBER!! dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sebastian got what he deserved trying to get his way hope stanley rips him apart hehe sorry a bit pissed plus at the overseer too fenris is stan's mate not sebastian they better accept it
    jessica canoto
    cant wait for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool!!! Way to go Stanley! Tomorrow's post should be interesting:)

    Tj

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT MOM SAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sure the dinner will be interesting, and it's just starting, yeeeeeeey!


    kersten73@citromail.hu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome !!! I think it keeps getting better all the time.
    Thank you
    Cathy Hart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo Hooo !!! Loved it. Loved that punch Haha great as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a way to work up an appetite!! I am waiting impatiently for tomorrow's installment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another one to add to my "must have" list!
    Since I started following your blogs my list is getting bigger and bigger. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh, absolutely fantastic, great punch stanley, way to go. Roll on tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go stanley! Cant wait for what happends next! :)

    Deborah H

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I love Stanley even more, and the non reaction from his dad was priceless ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  17. The humor is spot on, another great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's torture only getting little by little but I also don't think the month is long enough for this story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woooooo Hoo Go Stanley. I love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! Tomorrow is just not getting here quick enough

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent! Take that, Sebastian!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sebastian down for the count, Dad speechless and we still haven't met Mom. Tomorrow maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad that I didn't see this until tonight. It makes the wait til tomorrow shorter. Why would we want to be mean? That was great! Let Stanley punch him again, or Fenris, I'm not gonna be picky!

    ReplyDelete
  24. No I want more! Can't wait to see what his mother does!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dinner will definitely be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! nice!! Go Stanley!! lol...
    What surprises will the next one bring? Ah! so excited!! <33

    Judi P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome! Cant wait to here what mom has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ROFL! Love it! Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome! Sebastian deserved it! And, I hope Stanley's mom rips his dad a new one...LOL!! Can't wait for the next edition.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Go Stanley!!! Can't wait till tomorrow.

    Jen C

    ReplyDelete
  31. Way to Go Stanley! Now maybe the Overseer will think better about Sebastion being a strong ALpha. Two hits Stanley hit him and he hit the floor...I lOve it...Need more my QUeen

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is what Sebastian gets. Yay Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for having us Edward! Hitman's Creed just went on my To Buy list, I may have to adjust my book budget again.

    Oh my... that should make for some interesting dinner conversation. Sebastian so deserved that punch.

    Erika S.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that!! Sebastian so deserved to get punched right in his stupid mouth...well actually Stanley's dad deserved to get punched in the mouth too in my opinion lol
    Ashley A
    ash_app@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Can't wait to see what Stanley's Mom says and does!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow go Stanley!

    miranda.grissomATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lol! That was awesome :) Love this story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. @ Erika S. ......... You're most welcome. I'm glad to see all of you here.

    And thank you Amber. -bowing deeply to her-

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG That was great!!

    Brandi Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  40. Amber these blog spits are getting better and better. This site is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I had a feeling Sebastian might show up, but I am glad Stanley flattened him.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh I like Stanley a lot. This is gettinng good, can't wait till tomorrow :)

    DaniV

    ReplyDelete
  43. I bet Stanley feels a lot better now!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my! that was just too perfect I can't wait for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I really like the punch. Go Stanley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Way to go Stanley!! Sebastian definitely needed to be flattened. Can't wait for the conversation with his Mum :-)

    Such a great post on my birthday. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Brilliant absolutely Brilliant......

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yay!!!! Go Stanley!!!!! just lovin' this story!!! thank you Amber for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Boy, what a way to make an entrance.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Loved how Stanley dealt with his Dads' suprise guest.

    ReplyDelete