Friday, August 26, 2011

The Writer and the Ghosts - 18


“I suppose we should get back to the party,” Linc suggested. He glanced out the window. “It’s stopped raining and they’re probably wondering where we are by now.”

“Probably should.”

“Yeah.” Linc started towards the door.

“Can I ask something first?”

“Sure.”

Tom hesitated, staring down at the floor. “If I…could we go out to dinner sometime maybe?”

Linc shrugged. “As friends?”

With a nod Tom said, “Yeah, as friends.”

“I guess so. Sure.” Linc opened the door, waited for Tom to go into the hall, then closed the door behind them and they headed back to the party.

* * * *

“Well, it’s a start,” Giorgio said as he and Damian reappeared in Linc’s bedroom.

“Agreed. And we’re staying out of it from now on. Whatever happens, happens. It’s up to them.”

“But Damian,” Giorgio whined.

“Don’t ‘But Damian’ me.” He grinned. “You know I’m right, I always am.”

Giorgio rolled his eyes but didn’t argue. Instead he wrapped his arms around his lover and murmured against his lips, “There’s a very comfortable looking bed in here. I doubt Linc’s going to be back for a while. So how about we..?”

“I could be persuaded.”

It didn’t take much persuasion, and Giorgio was correct, they had more than enough time. But then when it came right down to it they always did. They weren’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

The End

* * * * * *
Coming next: 'Eye of the Beholder' 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, we really enjoyed this little story. Thank you.

    D3M1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU very much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete