Wednesday, November 13, 2019

One Plus Two Equals... - 27


"I'm still pissed at you." Julyan came closer.
"For hiding this from you?"
"For…yeah, sort of, but more, because somehow you used Auden to make me realize it was you I liked." Tentatively he sat down on the edge of the bed. "Are you two different people?"
Duane nodded, then shook his head, chuckling when Julyan told him to make up his mind. "Obviously to some extent we're the same or I wouldn't have had the wounds he got when he took out two particularly vicious creatures. Creatures who, from the information we finally were able to put together, were plotting to do some major ecological damage that would have made the furor over that oil spill look like a tempest in a teapot."
"Shit."
"To put it mildly."
"So if Auden's the big, tough guy who does the dirty work, what is your part in this?"
"It's hard to explain since we're essentially one and the same in some respects. I suppose you could call me his cover. Everything is in my name. On paper he doesn't exist. I set up 'camp' wherever we're needed, he does the job, then I, we move on to the next one."
"Oh." Julyan looked down at the floor so Duane couldn't read the hurt on his face.
Duane carefully touched Julyan's shoulder, waiting for him to pull away. When he didn't, Duane asked, "Do you believe what I've been telling you?"
Lifting his eyes, Julyan gave the smallest of nods. "I don't disbelieve it."
"Like you don't 'disbelieve' in Santa because no one's proved to you he does or doesn't exist. Do you need proof?"
Julyan chuckled although he knew what Duane was asking. "That Santa exists?"
Duane smiled. "That I can't prove, but…"
"Show me," Julyan said, his voice taut with anticipation and fear.
Hiding his own fear that showing him would be the final nail in the coffin of what had been their budding relationship, Duane shifted. It wasn't instantaneous. His slender frame lengthened, grew more muscular. His hair darkened, his facial features hardened into those of a man used to being into control of any situation. In the end it was Auden who sat where Duane had been.
"Like what you see?" Auden asked, a smirk on his face.
Julyan, although still in shock, reddened in embarrassment. Auden was stark naked and it was unbelievably erotic.
"I'm not him, Juls. Don't expect me to act the same."
"Don't call me that! That's his name for me, not yours."
“I know that, obviously,” Auden's lip curled up in amusement. "How about I kiss you instead?"
"No!"
"Afraid of what could happen if I did?"
"No. Yes… No, no I'm not. Nothing will happen because you're not the man I want."
Auden smiled. "Actually, I am, just not in this…form. As Duane said, we are both different and yet the same. He's the emotional, dare I say loving part while I'm the tough, sensual half of the whole."
"He's damned sensual."
"I suppose in your eyes he is since he's the one you care for."

6 comments:

  1. What a conundrum to have. This is amazing story. You love someone but no all is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and bit humorous in some ways

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea.. kind a MMM with only 2.... i am sure that would be emotionally challenging.. we are so culturally conditioned to choose only one most of the time. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete