Sunday, February 3, 2019

Guardian Angels – Ambivalent - 35


"You did a good job," Samuel told Paddy when he appeared seconds later in the head guardian angel's office.
"Thanks," Paddy replied morosely, his wings sagging in reflection of how he felt.
Samuel came around from behind his desk, laying one hand on Paddy's shoulder. "It wouldn't have worked," he said softly.
"I know." Paddy wasn't surprised at Samuel's words, or his concern. Somehow he always knew everything about the guardian angels in his charge. Their hopes, their fears—nothing got past Samuel. It was the reason, Paddy thought, that he was who he was.
"It's just… Damn it, when is it my turn?"
"When the fates decree."
"It's been over eight hundred years." Paddy sighed deeply. "I know, there's nothing you can do about it but…"
"Go. Rest. Unwind. Things will look better in the morning."
Paddy snorted softly. "Maybe I'll go bug Dom first. That always cheers me up."
"He's off on an assignment, as are Deidre, Dave and Hal. Now if you want to have a bit of fun… No, that wouldn't be a wise idea."
"What?" Paddy asked.
"There's a new angel who could use taking down a peg or two. He seems to think he's the chosen one since he ended up here."
Paddy smirked. "Let me at him. Right now I'm in exactly the right mood to deal with him. It'll take my mind off of Mike and…everything."
"I thought you might be. His name is Theodore."
"'Gift of God' huh? Now this could be fun. Where can I find him?"
Samuel told him, chuckling to himself when Paddy immediately took off with fire in his eyes. "Now let's hope this takes his mind off of Michael," he murmured. He knew it would—eventually. After all, that was a reason he was the head guardian angel. To watch over his charges and help them deal with problems, both on the job and in their personal lives. And all in all, he had managed to do that successfully for more time than even he cared to think about.


The End
(Of the story, and the series. Thank you for following along. I hope you enjoyed them/it)

4 comments:

  1. What .....why?omfgoddess! By the way I have enjoyed this very much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thanks so much for doing this. I would not mind reading more about Paddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. As for Paddy, I won't say it won't happen sometime in the future, but it's doubtful. Sorry.

      Delete