Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Hotel – 22


The first thing I saw when we got to Edwin's part of the mansion was a large living room with furniture I suspected had been in the mansion since it was first built.

"Just like a normal home, with the exception of the woodwork and the coffered ceiling, and a fireplace large enough to roast a deer," I said.

Edwin laughed. "In other words it fits the rest of the mansion. This used to be the family's private parlor, as grandiose as it is. We use it as sort of a common room, now. The second and third floors are more up-to-date, in deference to the fact we spend half our time in the hotel proper. I decided we needed a break from all the dark wood and what have you. Come, I'll show you."

He led the way up a staircase off to one side of the room. When we got to the second floor I immediately saw what he meant. There was a hallway with doors at each end and another  facing us. That was to Vern's suite, he told me. There was a hardwood floor and the walls were painted pale beige, with no wainscoting.

We went down to the far end of hallway, he opened the door, and I found myself in another living room. It was the antithesis of the one downstairs, with light blue walls and drapes, and modern furniture, including a desk that held a computer with all the peripherals. Off to one side were two doors. One opened onto a small but well-equipped kitchen. The other was for his bedroom, which held a king-sized bed with a pale oak headboard and a matching dresser.

"Would you like another beer?" Edwin asked. "Or coffee?"

"Coffee sounds good," I replied while I studied the books on shelves along one of the living room walls.

I heard him moving around in the kitchen, then the sound of the coffeemaker doing its thing—and cups, I presumed, being set on the counter. I'd just taken a book from the shelves to look at the blurb when I felt his hand on my shoulder. I turned and without a word he kissed me.

Did I know that's why he'd invited me up here? Of course. Was I surprised by the kiss? Not really. Did I fight it? Hell, no. It had been a long time since a man had been interested in me the way he apparently was—and shown it so emphatically.

He stepped back, looking at me with one eyebrow cocked in question. "I know you said you weren't into one-night stands and I'll honor that if you want me to."

My mind said I should end this before it went any further. My body said otherwise and I went with it, replying, "I think I'll make an exception this time." After all, it wasn't as if I'd ever see him again once I left the hotel, so I didn't have to worry about either of us expecting some sort of commitment that could turn sour after a few days or weeks. It would be tension relief and nothing more after a very stressful day.

It wasn't until we were undressed that I wondered how often he tried—and probably succeeded—to seduce guests who came to the hotel. I considered asking, making a joke out of it, and decided it didn't matter. I was, after all, doing the same thing although I was the seducee, not the seducer.

"You're quite impressive," Edwin said, his gaze raking over my naked body. When they focused in on my hard cock I wondered if he meant that, not all of me, until he ran his hands over my chest. "I didn't expect you to be so well-built. Clothing hides a lot, which in your case is unfortunate."

"Thanks for the compliment," I replied. "You've got nothing to be ashamed of, either." I might have expanded on that if he hadn't kissed me hard as he wrapped his arms around me, tumbling us onto the bed.

From there, things proceeded as we both knew they would, ending in explosive orgasms followed by several kisses as we recovered our equilibrium. Suddenly he jumped out of bed, saying, "The coffee is more than ready."

I sniffed and laughed as he hurried out of the bedroom. I had the feeling what was left of it was a layer of thick sludge at the bottom of the pot. I followed him and found out I was right.

"I can make another pot," Edwin said as he dumped the mess into the sink.

"No, that's all right. I should get back to my room."

If I expected him to suggest I stay with him, it didn't happen, since he replied, "We both need to get some sleep. Tomorrow, or today I guess, could be rough if we find Tessa's body."

That definitely cooled any remaining ardor on both our parts. I went back to the bedroom to get dressed, came out carrying my shoes, and he walked me downstairs. When we got to the door separating his living area from the hotel, he gave me a lingering kiss, which I returned.

"I'll see you in a few hours," he said.

"I'm not going anywhere, so, yeah, you will."

We left it at that and a couple of minutes later I was back in my room. As I showered I thought about what had happened. He was a nice man, an interesting one. If things were different I might even consider getting into a relationship with him, if he was so inclined. But they weren't.

"In a couple of days, I'll be back in the city and he'll still be here, doing what he loves which is running the hotel." I smiled wryly. "Well, barring things like cops and a murder investigation if Edwin's men do find Tessa and it turns out she was killed by… God, I hope not by one of my friends." I said it, but I knew that was a definite possibility. Not something I was ready to deal with at the moment.

Getting out of the shower, I dried off, put on a pair of boxers, and fell into bed. I was asleep almost before my head hit the pillow.

4 comments:

  1. How in the world does he know that Edwin would not be into a relationship?? Next time they get the groovy on I NEED details!LOL Love this part. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I suppose in time he'll find out one way or the other.

      Delete