Wednesday, August 8, 2018

(22) Two vampires, a ghoul and a shifter.


"Define 'trouble'," Linden grumbled, not certain whether to be glad Roderick and Piers had shown up when they did, or pissed.

"Not what you were in, that's for sure," Piers replied with a grin.

"I did tell him that," Helmut agreed, keeping a tight hold on Linden. "And I almost had him convinced."

"Sorry. We'll head back to the house and leave you to it," Roderick said, still laughing.

"I'm coming with you," Linden told him, as he freed himself from Helmut's grasp.

"Why?" Helmut growled, catching his hand.

"Because it's late and I'm tired?" There was a pleading note in his voice.

After hesitating, Helmut nodded. "Don't think this is over, boy, because it's not." He gave him a brief kiss before easily lifting Linden back onto his horse.

Piers leaned over to whisper to Roderick, "I take it back; Lin is definitely in trouble, the best kind."  

Helmut glanced at him and winked before strolling away.

Linden watched him leave, sighing. "What do I do now?" he asked plaintively.

"I suppose that depends," Piers said as Linden joined them. "Do you like him?"

"I think so. God only knows my body does. My mind's in turmoil though because I know what he's like."

"No, Lin. You know what people have told you, which isn't necessarily the whole truth. It could be he's just never met the right man."

"Like I'd be that," Linden muttered under his breath. "He's gorgeous, I'm just—me and average at best."

Roderick shook his head. "There's more to life than looks and you know it, Linden. Besides which you're a very cute young man."

"I don't want to be cute, I want to be, hell I don't know, handsome maybe, sexy definitely."

"I have the feeling he thinks you're very sexy," Piers told him with a knowing grin.

"No, he thinks I'm at loose ends and up for grabs is all." Linden spurred his horse into moving and started down the trail, heading toward the house.

"I suspect Linden's going to be in for a big surprise," Roderick commented with a laugh as he and Piers started after the young man.

Piers snorted. "Yep, and Helmut might be as well."

4 comments:

  1. Hhuummm so as long as Piers is around Linden he would be able to find love? Love this cause it makes me think... lol I know that sounds crazy scary right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it does. LMAO. To answer your question, Linden has to feed from Piers or else, but it doesn't have to interfere with his day-to-day life otherwise.

      Delete