Monday, April 3, 2017

Three Lovers on the Grift - 22



Two hours later, happily replete, the two men were sipping wine while Page drank her glass of milk. A sudden knock on the back door made them all jump in surprise. Vaughn went to answer, opening it cautiously to find a young man standing there holding a casserole.

"I'm Silas. We wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." He turned, pointing to the house across the alley.

"Thank you, and please thank your wife as well," Vaughn replied as he took the dish.

Silas laughed. "I wouldn't call Lyman my 'wife' if I were you. He'll have your head on a platter for sure."

With a chuckle, Vaughn said, "Ah, I'll be certain to remember that. Would you like to come in and meet my family? I'm sure they'd like to meet you."

"I'd love to."

Silas followed Vaughn through the kitchen, waiting while he put the dish down on the counter. When they got to the living room he smiled, seeing the babies. "Twins, fraternal, obviously," he commented as he went over to look at them.

"Yes, Marcia and Brian. I'm Page by the way, and that's Nigel." She nodded toward him.

"Nice to meet you, Nigel." Silas held out a hand, which Nigel promptly shook. "So, which one of you is the father, if you don't mind my being nosy?"

"That's yet to be determined." Vaughn gestured toward the only seat in the room, the built-in one in the bay window.

Once Silas sat, he looked at the trio. "So the three of you are—?"

"Partners," Vaughn answered. "We have been for quite a while now."

"Nice. I've never met a committed ménage before, and certainly not one like yours." He studied the two men for a moment. "Would you…?" A knock on the back door interrupted him. "Probably Lyman, making certain I'm not talking your ears off."

It was, as Vaughn discovered when he answered the door again. A tall, dark haired man stood there. Vaughn immediately told him that his partner was in the other room and invited him to come in.

"My partner?" The man smiled. "My husband. I'm Lyman as you obviously figured out." When Vaughn cocked an eyebrow at the description of his relationship with Silas, Lyman laughed. "I bet he warned you not to call me his wife."

"Well, yes."

"The brat. He loves to tease about that."

Vaughn shook his head in amusement as he led the way across the kitchen to the living room door.

2 comments: