Friday, February 24, 2017

Three Lovers on the Grift - 3



"Better haul than we thought it would be," Page told the guys after she'd emptied the wallets of their cash. "Whoever said this was a credit card world never met these people."

"Over a thousand dollars for fifteen minutes work," Nigel commented as he dried his dark blond hair after washing out the temporary color. "Not too shabby; and only one half-assed bruise on my part."

"Next time, try for none," Vaughn suggested. "I hate having to baby you." He grinned, winking at Page who laughed in response to his words.

"The day you baby me—" Nigel mock growled.

"Been there, done that, if you'll remember rightly."

"Yeah, well, so I was a novice back then. I didn't have the advantage of your vast experience to help me figure out how to do it the right way."

Vaughn smiled, remembering the first time he'd seen Nigel. The younger man was curled up in the middle of the street in front of a car's bumper. The panic stricken driver was trying to help him while pleading with him not to call the cops. Vaughn had hurried over to offer assistance, pulling out his cell with the intention of notifying 911 that there had been an accident.

Nigel grinned, watching Vaughn's face, surmising what he was thinking. "Good thing I stopped you."

"Good thing it was me and not your average worried onlooker," Vaughn retorted. "Orange is not your color."

"But it was you, and the rest is history. And I didn't make out too badly on my take from that sucker."

"Which," Page pointed out from her seat at the table, "all went to pay to get you fixed up again."

"Uh-uh, I came away with fifty dollars in the end."

Page rolled her eyes before going back to making out a deposit slip for their ill-gotten gains. When Nigel stepped close enough to ruffle her hair, she swatted his hand away, telling him to behave or else.

"Or else? You'll take me to bed and ravage me, with Vaughn's help?"

"Nope, we'll lock you out and you'll have to suffer listening to us." She grinned and then signed the deposit slip, handing it and the money to Vaughn since he was still dressed.

"Bitch," Nigel muttered, but he was smiling as he walked away, needing to get some clothes on since they were going out for the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Very intriguing! Wondering where these characters are gonna take us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow the story and you'll find out. *G*

    ReplyDelete