Thursday, February 16, 2017

(99) Trevor Wallace – Dhampir



Outside the cabin, he listens. There are two men in there. They sound...familiar. What does the one mean by his question?

He frowns. Does he know them? Do they know him?

Hesitantly, he opens the door.

"Trev!" The smaller one starts towards him.

He looks at him with no recognition.

The smile on his face turns to worry. "Trev, it's me. Del."

"Del?" Something sparks in his eyes. Then dies. He looks at Lenny.

"These are friends of yours. Del and Pete. They've been searching for you and now it looks like they've found you."

"Del. Pete." He tests the names. Shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I...I don't remember."

Del steps closer. Reaches to take his hand. "It's alright, baby. We'll help you remember. We just have to get you home and then you'll see. It'll all come back to you, I promise."

"Where is 'home'?"

"New Orleans, the French Quarter. Your house there." Del smiles tentatively. "Ring any bells?"

He frowns deeply. "No. I wish it did."

Pete comes over. "Don't try to force it, Trevor. Do you remember anything at all?"

"I know how to use a sword, strangely enough, but I have no clue why. Or why I had one with me. And once in a while some word or another triggers something but then it's gone again." He sighs. "I guess I must have done something horrible. Or at least that's the theory we came up with." He looks at Lenny. "Something my mind won't let me remember so it's blocking everything."

Pete glances at Lenny. "Did he hit his head in the crash?"

"Yep, and lots of other body parts too." He chuckles. "He was a real mess when I found him, but nothing broken or I might have taken him to the hospital anyway."

"Why didn't you?"

"I think you know."

"What do they know? And why did he…Del, ask you if I knew what you were? What are you?"

No one speaks for a moment. Del and Pete look at Lenny. Finally Del says, "Tell him."

"I'm a Vampyre."

2 comments:

  1. Man I wonder what is gonna trigger his memory and he may only get part of it back..lets see where the characters take us. excellent installment

    ReplyDelete