Monday, January 25, 2016

Hunted – 31



“Yeah I’m scared,” Brice said as he paced the communal living room at the boarding house. “But more than that I’m angry as hell.”

Logan had been surprised when Brice appeared in the middle of the room. He started to tell him that was a foolish move, as Brice had no idea if it would be empty or not, but one look at his friend’s face and he knew something was very wrong. So he listened with rising dismay when Brice told him what had happened.

Now Logan looked at him with concern. “You have to control the anger or your wolf might appear without warning.”

Brice stopped his pacing to look at Logan. “It’s not my wolf I’m worried about right now. It’s the one who’s after me.”

“I get that, but it’s not going to help if he can sense your wolf, which he will if you loose control.”

“How the hell did he find me in the first place?”

“You haven’t exactly been under radar,” Logan pointed out.

“True,” Brice agreed as he dropped down at the other end of the sofa. “So I guess it’s more a question of why now? Why come out of the woodwork and threaten me?”

“Looking at it from his point of view, what fun would it have been to torment and kill you when you didn’t know who you were and why it was happening. My best guess is that he’s been watching you, probably on and off, and just recently discovered that you’d regained your memories, and your wolf.”

“So now he’s going to start stalking me.”

“Whoever he is. You could call the cops on him,” Skye said as she walked into the living room. Then she glared at Brice. “Back to cause more trouble?”

“Skye, shush,” Logan told her. “He’s not causing it, he’s in it, up to his neck it seems.”

“So who’s after you?” Skye asked as she settled in the chair opposite the sofa. “Some woman’s pissed off boyfriend or husband?”

Brice smiled slightly. “That I could handle.”

“So?” She looked between the two men. “Give, ‘cause I’m not going away until you do.”

“She means it too,” Logan muttered. “She’s tenacious, and nosy.”

“Nosy? Moi? I so don’t think so” When Logan arched an eyebrow she sighed. “Okay, maybe a little, but I still want to know what’s going on. After all, if someone’s stalking him, and he’s here—well not to point out the obvious but the stalker might try something and we’d be caught in the middle. Not good, boys.”

“She does have a point,” Logan said as he glanced at Brice. “The problem is…”

“Yeah, I know. Do you think she’d buy the pissed off boyfriend scenario?”

Skye snorted. “Not any more. You should have gone with it while you had the chance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment