Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Cabbie and the Cop – 42



Vergil looked as if he was going to break into laughter, which he quickly suppressed, saying quite seriously, "You're right, that's always such a pain. You never know who might be listening in, even here, whereas your house probably has more security than the Pentagon."

"Exactly. Ergo… if you were living there it would make the whole thing a lot easier and safer and more convenient," Simeon said, his words almost meshing together in his hurry to get them out before he lost his nerve.  

"It would make a lot of things more `convenient'," Vergil agreed with a straight face. "So…" He looked guilelessly at Simeon, "when do you want me to move in?"

Simeon tried not to sigh in relief. It would sound so juvenile if he did. "Yesterday?"

"Well, it's a little late for that. Would tomorrow work? I'm off."

"Yes! I mean," Simeon tempered his voice, "Yes, tomorrow would be fine, except maybe tomorrow evening would be better so I can help?"

"Sure. It would give me time to pack up." Vergil was on his feet seconds later, closing the small distance between their chairs. Putting his hands on Simeon's shoulders he bent to kiss him. Suddenly he was in Simeon's lap as the kiss became passionate.

"I was afraid you'd think I was crazy, moving so fast," Simeon said when they finally came up for air.

"You are, and I do, but then I'm not exactly sane at the moment either." Vergil tangled his fingers in Simeon's hair, tugging lightly to urge him closer for another kiss.

"You're sure…"

"That I want to kiss you again? Oh yeah."

"No I mean…"

Leaning back, Vergil nodded. "Quite sure. Surprised as hell, but very, very sure."

"It won't be easy. Our hours are completely contradictory for starters."

"We've managed so far," Vergil pointed out.

"You like to cook, I rarely eat."

"But you can, and even if you don't, heck I'm used to cooking for one."

"I have enemies."

Vergil shrugged, even though he had been unaware of that fact. "We both do although mine are probably less inclined to set me on fire or decapitate me than yours are. If anyone shows up wanting to destroy one of us, well we'll have each other's backs so…" He chuckled, causing Simeon to look at him in question. "Are you trying to back out already?"

"Hell no! I just wanted to lay out what you, what we're getting into."

"Your orderly mind at work again. At least we're both neat-freaks so we won't be arguing about picking things up."

"But about other things?"

Vergil smiled, pressing a chaste kiss to Simeon's lips. "We wouldn't be human if we didn't argue occasionally."

"As you've pointed out, quite often actually, we aren't human."

"Semantics." Vergil rolled his eyes.

Simeon laughed. "Our favorite game."

Vergil snorted. "Second favorite maybe. My favorite game with you is…" His hand slid between them and he palmed Simeon's semi-hard erection through his slacks.

From that second on, for the next hour or more, all thoughts of future plans vanished as they lived totally in the present.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, would have TOTALLY loved to have "seen" that next hour or more and just exactly where those thoughts were if not on future plans but... Dangl. LOL! Awesome and... can't wait for MORE!!

    ReplyDelete