Friday, May 23, 2014

I could a tale unfold - 3



"Catch!"

Kirk almost ducked when he heard that as he walked into the costume shop. Then he caught the object Ross tossed at him. After looking at it he held it aloft, declaiming, "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest." Setting it down on the cutting table he looked at his lover. "Micah's handiwork I take it. At least I hope it is. I'm not certain I want to be handling a real skull night after night."

"Yep. The man's a genius when it comes to props."

"What if I'd dropped it? One of us would be facing his wrath right now."

Ross grinned. "I had confidence in your excellent reflexes. Although come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't. My ass is still sore from last night."

"Not my fault you’re a bottom," Kirk replied with a straight face, knowing Ross was talking about the fall off the barstool.

Ross rolled his eyes as he went back to cutting the last pieces for Ophelia's final costume.

"So where's all your crew?" Kirk asked, looking around the large room.

"It is Sunday, and believe it or not, I’m not a slave-driver. They're not due in until one. By the way," Ross looked up, "what are you doing here? I thought you had a blocking rehearsal for the last act this morning."

"Chandler put it off 'til this afternoon. It seems our Gertrude has a headache and needs time to get over it."

Ross quirked an eyebrow in amusement. "Meaning Hildie and Newt spent most of the night making up for their various indiscretions and she's still recovering."

"Probably." Kirk came around the table, taking the shears from Ross' hand before kissing him thoroughly. "Just as we did, with spectacular results."

"Very much so," Ross agreed as he took back the shears. "And if someone who will remain nameless will let me get back to work, I might get enough done today that we can be 'spectacular' again tonight."

"Anything I can do to help? I'm rather at loose ends at the moment."

Considering that Kirk's sewing skills were limited to replacing a missing button on a shirt, if that, Ross shook his head. Then he reconsidered and nodded. "Run and pick me up something for breakfast, or I suppose lunch at this point?"

"Sure. What's your druthers?"

Ross paused to deliberate that. "Breakfast burritos with extra green chili and real coffee."

"You got it." Kirk headed to the door, stopping to pat the skull on the way by. "He does do great work."

4 comments:

  1. No clues yet to where this one is headed. I do like these guys, they're fun. But it must be important that they have had other lovers?? You bring it up again here and starting things that way make it seem important. Just thinking "out loud" LOL! Thanks for the update! And as always, can't wait for more AND as always I will have to... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but yes you will have to wait. It's the name of the game. -grinning-

      Delete
    2. Oh, and one more thing! It's going to be awesome "experiencing" your background in theater and costuming with this one. It will be fun to see that passion as well.

      Delete
    3. It does play into the story, obviously. LOL

      Delete