Wednesday, April 16, 2014

19 - There dwells a spirit, waiting to be released



Merlyn collapsed against the railing at one side of the dance floor. “I’m too old for this,” he muttered.

“No you are not!” Alan leaned against the railing looking at him. “You’re not at all. You did very well actually for someone with two left feet.”

Merlyn chuckled quietly. “That bad huh?” 

“Well…” Alan turned his attention to the dance floor. “See that guy over there in the pink tank and slacks. He makes you look like the winner on DWTS.”

“Okay, so maybe I’m not quite as bad as him, and I dress better.”

Alan nodded, eyeing him as he had been on and off for most of the evening. When Merlyn cocked an eyebrow Alan gave a slight shake of his head as he grabbed Merlyn’s hand. “Slow dance. I bet you’re good at those.”

Allowing himself to be pulled back onto the dance floor again, Merlyn froze when Alan put his arms around his neck, swaying against him. For the other dances they’d kept a reasonable distance apart while Alan had taught him the steps and the moves, rarely touching except when Alan had insisted on putting an arm around his waist to guide him through what Merlyn came to think of as a routine.

Unwilling to push Alan away, really unwilling when he realized how nice it felt to have him this close, Merlyn wrapped his arms around Alan’s waist. The music was slow, the tempo almost sensual. They moved with it and, for the first time since the disastrous ending of his relationship with Elliot, Merlyn realized how much he had missed the sensation of having a man in his arms.

Don’t kid yourself, this is nothing more than a bored kid being nice to an old man for the evening. Once it’s over he’ll go home and promptly forget all about me.

As if reading his mind Alan murmured against his ear, “This is the best time I’ve had in forever. I wish the night would never end.”

Merlyn pulled back enough to stare at him in surprise. “You’re not serious.”

“I… I am. But I know it will. End that is. You think I’m too young.”

“I think nothing of the sort. Well, okay maybe a bit. I don’t understand why you’re willing to spend time with me when the room is full of men who are much closer to your age. Men I’m sure would love to have your attention focused on them.”

“But they aren’t you,” Alan replied sincerely, his gazes locking on Merlyn. “I knew the minute I saw you that I wanted you… I mean to get to know you.” He reddened and buried his face in Merlyn’s shoulder.

Merlyn was stunned at that revelation. “Are you serious?” he asked, putting his fingers under Alan’s chin to make him raise his head and look at him.

“Will you laugh if I say I am?”

“Now why would I do that? I’m surprised and honored that you feel that way.” Merlyn winced. “That’s a very ‘old man’ kind of statement isn’t it?”

“Only if you’re trying to placate me.” Alan toyed with Merlyn’s beard, twisting a short strand of it between his fingers. “Otherwise I’ll take it the way you meant it.” He tugged slightly and Merlyn leaned in until their lips met. Alan kissed him, sighing softly when Merlyn returned it. 
 

“I would love to take you home with me,” Merlyn murmured a few minutes later. His arms were wrapped around Alan as they stood on the club’s patio looking out across the bay.

Alan turned his head slightly to look at Merlyn, replying softly. “I wish I could.”

“Oh. Well, it was just a thought.”

Turning completely around in Merlyn’s arms Alan shook his head. “It’s not what you’re thinking. I honestly wish I could but I can’t. I have someplace I have to be soon. And, before you ask I don’t have anyone else in my life. It’s just... it’s complicated. I work for an older man, and I mean much older. He let’s me take time off for myself sometimes, but in return he expects me to be back at a certain time.”

Merlyn nodded. “So you’re his live-in caregiver or some such.”

“More like a servant. But that’s all I am.” He sighed, resting his head against Merlyn’s. “Maybe, if you want, I can arrange some time off again soon and we can meet somewhere?”

Grasping at that suggestion Merlyn smiled, kissing his temple. “Somewhere where I can do the drawing I promised you. My place or… wherever you’d feel comfortable.”

“I know the perfect spot! Only I won’t tell you. I want it to be a surprise.”

Merlyn almost laughed. Alan was practically bouncing in anticipation. “Here, let me give you my number. You can call any time. It’s not as if I’m locked into a schedule that can’t be changed.”

“Unlike me.” Alan smiled when Merlyn wrote the number on the back of one of the sketches he done of him before handing it to him. He tucked it very carefully into the pocket of his jacket. “I guess we should be leaving now. I think they’re closing and I do have to get back.”

“Do you need a lift?”

“No. I have my own transportation but thank you.” Alan tangled his fingers in Merlyn’s beard. “I like this,” he said with a grin. “You can’t get away until I kiss you.”

“As if I’d want to.”

Cupping the back of Alan’s head Merlyn took control, kissing Alan hard, almost desperately. When the young man opened to him, he ravaged his mouth, savoring the taste and feel of him. Alan responded with equal fervor, dropping his hands to Merlyn’s back and then his ass, melding their bodies. Merlyn’s cock hardened and he felt Alan’s pressing against his crotch. He wanted nothing more than to fall to his knees right then and there, to free it, taste it, devour it. 

Alan broke away, groaning. “I have to go,” he said hoarsely. “But next time…” After giving Merlyn one more desperate, hungry kiss he strode quickly away, stopping at the door just long enough to say, “Next time, I promise.” Then he was gone.

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling an other world tingling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Not sure where Alan will fit in. Not feeling the other world tingling yet but then I may not good at that kind of thing. Just trying to keep all the tendrils in sight. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete