Monday, December 23, 2013

Death Becomes Him - 42



When Rory arrived home very late one Friday night, he found Trent pacing the living room. From the look on Trent’s face something serious was going on with him.

“Want to talk?” Rory asked after giving him a gentle hug.

“More like it I need to.” Taking a deep breath, Trent said, “I had a long talk with Phillip a couple of weeks ago.” He smiled slightly. “Well he talked, I listened. He had a lot to say about our future together.”

Rory frowned deeply. “Yours and his? What the hell?”

“Good Lord no! Yours and mine. I guess I didn’t make that clear.”

“Not quite,” Rory agreed with a small laugh. “So, want to tell me what he said?”

“In words of one syllable, if I want us, you and me, to be together and happy in the future I have to be turned.”

Rory swallowed hard as he tried to assimilate what Trent was saying. His immediate verbal response was, “Some of those words were two syllables.” His emotional one was to wrap his arms tightly around his lover. “Is that what you want to do?” he finally managed to ask. “Or are you going to tell me that while he’s right, you’re not willing to be turned, for—whatever reasons?”

Trent pulled out of his embrace and then cupped Rory’s face in his hands, gazing at him for a long minute. Then, slowly, he smiled. “Would you be willing to be the one who does it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment