Thursday, June 13, 2013

The family that preys together…- 42



While his father and brother were downstairs talking about Kent’s possible demise, Crispin was smiling to himself, remembering the evening just past…



A soon as Kent closed the door to his apartment Crispin moved to close the distance between them. Then he hesitated, uncertain if he had it in him to do what he wanted to. Kent stood, watching him and Crispin knew that what happened next would be his choice and his alone. He lifted his hand, touching Kent’s jaw, feeling the light stubble that instantly added to his awareness that this was a man standing in front of him. Not that he was unaware of that of course.

Kent sighed softly, his eyes locked on Crispin’s face, searching.

Slowly Crispin leaned forward, his hand sliding down to cup Kent’s jaw as he pressed a hesitant kiss to his lips. When Kent returned it gently, asking for nothing more than what he was being given, Crispin deepened it, his hand by then tangled in Kent’s shoulder-length hair.

When he eventually stepped back Crispin was smiling, running the tip of his tongue over his lips as if trying to discover if the flavor of the kiss was still there. “Not what I expected,” he admitted.

Kent chuckled. “And just what did you think it would be like?”

“I don’t know. Perhaps a bit off-putting if that makes sense. That your lips would be, alright this probably sounds stupid but rough maybe, umm, damn. I don’t know. I definitely didn’t expect that it would be…”

“Like kissing a woman only better?”

“Most definitely better. Who knew?”

Kent tossed his head back, laughing. “I did.”

“Now I feel like a total idiot.” When Crispin turned away he was quickly spun back around, Kent’s hands on his waist, to face him again.

“You’re not an idiot. You’ve just never explored this side of you before.”

“Until a moment ago I wasn’t that certain it even existed.”

Kent nodded. “Then why did you kiss me?”

With open sincerity Crispin replied, “To find out.”  

“Then this was just an experiment, nothing more.” Kent obviously tried to hide his disappointment.

“No!” Crispin sighed. “No,” he repeated. “I just, I’m old enough to be…”

“Do not say brother or uncle,” Kent muttered. “The way I’m feeling that would be totally incestuous.”

Crispin smiled slightly. “Well then let’s just say I’m much older than you and should know myself well enough to get that I’m not immune to men.”

“All men?” Again Kent felt hurt that Crispin was being so general in his statements and Crispin immediately saw that in his face.

“I’m doing this very badly. No not all men, though yes I guess I’ve looked at them. You pointed that out yourself soon after we met.” He paused, taking a deep breath. “Perhaps if I kiss you again you’ll understand better what I can’t seem to say in words.”

Kent smiled. “It’s worth a try.”…



The rest of the evening had been spent sharing kisses and small touches while watching some television movie that if asked Crispin could not have described now. It had been only that and nothing more, as Kent had been careful not to push Crispin beyond his still hesitant limits.  Crispin had ended up as he had the previous weekend sleeping alone in Rick’s bedroom and in the morning he’d accepted without hesitation Kent’s offer to drive him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment