Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The family that preys together…- 27



“I don’t suppose you’re up for dinner with me again are you?” Kent asked hesitantly as he took the chair next to Crispin’s at the pool.

“I think I can handle it, but only if you let me pay this time, and take you to one of my favorite restaurants.”

Kent’s eyes lit up. “If you’re sure. I mean I’m the one who did the inviting.”

“Only,” Crispin replied, patting his arm, “because you beat me to it.”

“Is it fancy because all I have with me is jeans and a shirt?”

“No shoes?” Crispin teased.

“Do sandals count?”

Crispin started to frown then remembered he was talking to a twenty-something young man so he chuckled instead. “I can see I’m going to have to start dressing down if we’re going to be doing things together.”

“I have a suit,” Kent replied quickly. “But we’d have to stop by my place.”

“No. For where I’m taking you jeans are fine. I actually own some myself believe it or not. It’s just that I always come here straight from work where suits are de rigueur.”

“I figured as much from last time. But without the tie and jacket you look just great.”

“Meaning with them I don’t?”

Kent winced. “I didn’t mean that.”

“I know. I was just messing with you.” Crispin patted his arm again and then stood. “Ready?”

Looking down at his swim trunks, and then at Crispin’s, Kent laughed. “It must be a really informal restaurant.”

“Not quite that informal. Let’s get changed and then we’ll go have the best Italian food this side of Rome.”

No comments:

Post a Comment