Saturday, May 4, 2013

The family that preys together…- 22



“So then you’re not gay.”

“Kent, that’s a quantum leap in logic. Have you had sex with a woman?” Crispin said with a sight smile on his face.

“Well, once or twice. Wait a minute, now you’re making the leap you know.”

With a laugh Crispin nodded in agreement. ‘Just proving my point, Kent. I’m not totally unaware of things. I’ve seen how you watch some of the men around here as compared to the women. Sure you took me up on the dare to make a move on Miss Cell Phone but I’ve got the feeling it was the challenge of it, not the fact that you were really all that interested.”

“Got me,” Kent replied with a shake of his head. “I’m not immune to a charming female but given my druthers I’ll take a man any day.”

“I figured. Is that why you’re hanging around right now with someone old enough to be your…uncle?”

“Older brother,” Kent said in all seriousness. “And maybe. You’re not the only one who keeps tabs on things. I’ve noticed how you don’t appear even the slightest bit interested in anyone here, male or female. And some of the women are more than interested in you.”

Crispin snorted. “I doubt that.”

“They are, you’re just not seeing it. You seem to be quite unaware of how good looking you are.”

“Kent,” Crispin said, suddenly getting it, “are you coming on to me in your own way?”

Kent grinned. “Maybe. Is it working?”

Instead of answering the question Crispin replied with, “You’re coming on to an older man who really has no clue himself if he’d be interested.”

“As they say, you won’t know until you try. Do you at least find me even a little bit attractive, or interesting?”

Crispin thought about it as he looked Kent over with an appraising eye. “You’re cute, athletically built, a decent conversationalist I’d say from the few times we’ve talked. You seem to have good manners but you don’t mind asking questions that just might shock the person you’re talking to which means you’re a bit impertinent as well.” He tapped his lip consideringly.

“That’s not a bad laundry list is it? Well unless impertinent means you don’t like someone who speaks their thoughts.”

“That I have no problem with as long as they’re honest ones. I can not abide liars.”

“Me neither,” Kent said seriously. “So,” he took a deep breath, “if I asked you out to supper sometime would you consider it?”

“I’m actually hungry right now.” Crispin laughed at the look on Kent’s face and his stuttered, ‘But I thought…’ “Sometimes thinking is overrated. Yes I said I should head home, but I don’t have to. My family consists of one father and one brother, neither of whom will die of shock if I’m later than usual. So…dinner sounds good to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment