Monday, April 22, 2013

The family that preys together…- 16



“Talk!” Bryant looked down at the man kneeling in front of him. The man’s ankles and his left hand were bound tightly together with thin wire. Only his right hand was free, a cell phone epoxied to it.

The man shook in fear, his voice tremulous as he asked, “What…what do I say?”

“Are you stupid? I've already told you what to say!” With the point of his knife Bryant punched in the phone number of one of the local television stations, again. With his trembling, the man’s fingers had disconnected the call before he could say more than a few words. “Ask for the news desk again.”

The man did as he was ordered. Then, terror filling his voice he told the person who answered, “They are going…they’ll kill me because…because I was in a store talking on…oh God…help me! Please you have to… They’re going to kill me for talking in…in public on my phone…” He broke then, sobbing, clutching the phone to his chest.

Crispin shook his head. “You didn’t do a terribly good job of that. Perhaps my brother can persuade you to talk more clearly?” His smile was evil as he looked Bryant.

“With pleasure.” Bryant pressed the blade of the knife to the man’s bare chest, drawing it slowly from clavicle to navel.

The man looked down in horror as his skin separated and blood flowed in a thick stream, following the course of the blade. “No!” he screamed. “I’ll do whatever you want but please don’t hurt me any more.”

Bryant looked at his brother. “What do you think?”

“I’m quite enjoying his pleading actually.”

Again Bryant sliced the man, this time from nipple to nipple. The man sobbed, begging again for him to stop.

“Are you going to deliver the message without all the hysterics?” Bryant asked.

“I’ll try, I swear it. I will.”

Punching in another number, this time to the newspaper, Bryant told him to ask for the city desk. It took a few moments for the man to reach someone who would listen to what he had to say. Then, his eyes following the tip of the knife blade as Bryant moved it slowly in front of his face, he gave the reporter the same message he had the person at the television station, but much more clearly. When he was finished but before he could disconnect the blade sliced him from his forehead to the tip of his nose. He screamed in anguish and then passed out. Bryant grabbed the hand with the phone, saying tersely, “He’ll die for his sins,” and then hung up.

“Die for his sins?” Crispin’s lips quirked up in amusement.

“It, umm, sounded dramatic, and with the ‘cross’ on his chest it fit.” Bryant knelt beside the man, pulling him onto his side while avoiding the blood pooled on the tarp. “Any objections if I kill him now or would you like the honors?”

“Be my guest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment