Saturday, April 20, 2013

The family that preys together…- 15



‘The partially nude, tortured body of a young woman was discovered early this morning on the front steps of a national cell phone company. It was obviously a message to the company and the people who use their products as cell phones were glued to both her ears, her hands and over her mouth.’

Crispin frowned, handing the newspaper article to Bryant. “I guess next time we have to spell it out in words of one syllable.”

“I told you so, but let’s see how the television news is handling it.” Bryant surfed through the channels until he came to a news update. As they listened he smiled. “Guess TV reporters have more brains, or they just had more time to figure it out,” he said.

“We’re still going to do at least one more, just to make certain the message gets across.”

Bryant smiled gleefully. “I say the next one we do on the spot, down and dirty. Pick a man and carve the message onto his chest.”   

“Bryant!” Gerard’s voice rang out as he entered the room. “Have you lost what little mind you have left?”

“I was kidding, father. I’m not that stupid.”

“Well I would hope not. Using a male would be good though, so that people understand this is not sexual, that the message you’re sending it real.”

Bryant leaned back, looking at his father. “Are you going to help this time?”

“Absolutely not.”

Bryant smirked. “Lost your touch, or your taste for killing?”

“Bry,” Crispin cautioned.

“I think we have the right to know. He brought us up to do this, even worked with us for a while, and then he stopped.” He looked at Gerard. “I know you say you still hunt, but do you?”

“I do.” Gerard twisted his beard between his fingers as he stared at his younger son, a sure sign he was considering his words carefully before speaking. “The desire to kill is ingrained in me as surely as it is in the two of you. Being older I have learned to control it but there are times when I have to hunt, to play the game.”

“But not with us.”

Gerard shook his head. “Your style is different, yours especially Bryant. I come from an older, kinder time when you just eliminated the person that deserved it quickly and painlessly. You two are a product of your times; you have no fear of violence and what it entails.”

Crispin tapped his lips, nodding in agreement. “And now, as we are going public with our messages, I think the violence is even more necessary. That’s what people understand and fear. Perhaps they will listen and alter their behaviors as a result if they know there is someone out there who will deal with them if they don’t.”

“Perhaps,” Gerard agreed with a wry smile. “It is certainly worth finding out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment