Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Caomhnóir – Manny -19



“I want to know what was in that letter,” Manny said an hour later, when Hamlin told him what Jakie had said.

“You’re the B&E expert,” Hamlin pointed out.

“I thought you were too.”

Hesitating, Hamlin shook his head. “I can do it and have, but once I got sent to London I sort of lost the knack because there I worked more like I’ve heard Rick did.”

“More like, how?” Manny asked, knowing what the reply would be, and not certain he wanted to hear it.

“Seducing the people I had to get information from,” Hamlin said, not looking away. “And before you get pissy about that, it generally was in name only, not actually bedding them. Pretty words for the ladies, ego boosting for the men, playing them until I found the items I needed.”

“Alright, I understand that. And I’ve got no right to got upset, I’m hardly a virgin, not after five hundred years.”

Hamlin chuckled softly as he pulled Manny to him. “I would have been very worried, and shocked, if you had been. Although the idea of being your first holds a certain appeal.”

“Mijn liefde, if that had been the case you probably wouldn’t have survived our first night together.”

“I almost didn’t,” Hamlin replied with studied seriousness. “Hell, I almost didn’t survive this morning.”

Manny rolled his eyes. “Uh huh. Seems to me you were doing more than alright from what I remember. And if we keep this up I’m going to want to drag you into my room here and have my way with you again, which would not be a good idea.”

“It would also make me late for work, something I can’t afford to be.”

“I told you—“

Hamlin put his hand over Manny’s mouth. “And I told you, I’m not going to be a kept man. It’s not much of a job, but it gives me a feeling that I’m contributing, not leeching off of you. So drop it.”

Removing Hamlin’s hand, Manny said, “It’s dropped. I promise. Now kiss me because I have the feeling I’d better show up to monitor study time or there will be hell to pay later.”

“With pleasure.” Hamlin kissed his quite thoroughly before giving him a light shove in the direction of the door. “I’ll see you in the morning. And please, be careful if you’re going to try to find that letter. If it’s even still around.”

“I will be. Ik hou van je.”

“Love you too,” Hamlin replied softly, watching him leave.   

No comments:

Post a Comment