Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Writer and the Ghosts - 8


Damian faded back in again, sitting a foot above the floor with his legs crossed as he stared at Linc. “Don’t you want to meet some nice man or woman?”

“Man, and no, yes, maybe, no.”

Giorgio snorted. “Conflicted much?”

“Look, if I go along with this will you promise not to interfere?”

“Depends. What does ‘go along’ mean?”

“I suggest to my folks we have a…umm…”

“Housewarming party,” Damian said when Linc seemed stuck. “Remember?”

Linc ran his hands through his hair. “Why me? There have to be a hundred houses just in this area alone, why did you have to end up here?”

“Gee, I don’t know, ‘cause this was our home maybe. Now it’s yours so you’re stuck with us until that changes.”

Linc tapped his fingers on the desk then grinned. “I could always perform an exorcism.”

“Been there, done that, didn’t work,” Giorgio told him, smirking. “No bell, book and candle for us.”

Linc snapped his fingers. “Got it! You two don’t really believe you’re dead. That’s why you’re hanging around. Well you are, so scat.”

Damian doubled over with laughter, which ended up with his butt hitting the floor hard when he lost his concentration. He grumbled as he stood up and rubbed it.

“You can feel that?” Linc asked with interest.

“Well, yeah he can,” Giorgio replied. “Why wouldn’t he?”

“I don’t know. I just figured being a ghost and all…”

“Trust me, we can feel when we’re totally visible. I mean come on, what fun would it be if we had sex and couldn’t? Feel that is?”

“You two actually…Whoa.”

“Yep, and it’s great,” Damian told him, now sitting on the floor not above it. “He’s got the most talented mouth and…”

“I know how to use it for…well I’m sure you can imagine, Linc.” Giorgio’s grin was wicked as he watched the young man.

“Stop it, just stop. Damn it.”

Damian leaned forward to pat Linc’s knee. “See, you need a man in your life, and it’s not happening if you, we, don’t do something to make it happen.”

“And he means a real, live man. We’re not up for grabs,” Giorgio said quickly when he saw the way Linc was looking at them.

“You mean we couldn’t..?”

“Linc,” Damian said quietly so he’d listen, “Giorgio and I have been together for fifty years give or take. We’re very committed to each other, trust me. So even if it was possible, and I doubt it is, we’re not looking for a third in our bed.”

Linc sighed. “And you’re not going to drop this party idea.”

“Nope,” Giorgio assured him. “So why don’t you accept it and go down and talk to your folks.”

“Tomorrow.”

“Now,” Giorgio said, pointing to the door.

Blowing out a long breath, Linc got up. “Now.”

2 comments:

  1. I have just read all your ghostly ep's all in one go and love it. Oh - and my friend Jeck says he very much enjoyed Lies and Misunderstandings and is eagerly waiting your next book.

    Best wishes (dovidenia),

    D3Mi

    from very foggy Tunguska railway staion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The story was fun to write. And tell Jeck thanks and that the next one comes out Sept. 10th (Hitman's Creed)

    ReplyDelete