Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Writer and the Ghosts - 17


Giorgio smiled slowly as he got what Tom was implying. “How about one chance in three?”

“Close enough,” Tom replied. “That doesn’t mean I’m available.”

“Well damn,” Giorgio muttered in disgust.

Tom turned to look at Linc who was watching him as if he’d grown a second head. “What?”

“You! You let me rant on about how there’s nothing wrong with being gay, defending myself and…and all…and you are too. That’s just wrong.”

“Yeah it was but I’m still coming to terms with it so I wasn’t about to say anything. I’m sorry, it was wrong of me.”

“So no one knows?”

“My family does, and they’re surprisingly supportive, and my ex girlfriend does.” Tom smiled wryly. “She wasn’t nearly as supportive but she promised not to tell anyone. How many people know you’re gay?”

“My folks, my publisher, I suspect anyone who really reads my books and sees what they have to say beyond the horror part of them. Apparently you didn’t because you thought I was just a straight guy trying to prove something.

“Honest truth, I read them for the story. Yeah like I said earlier you did a good job with the characters but that wasn’t why I picked the books up.”

Giorgio broke in, saying, “All right can you two stop talking great literature so we can get back to the problem at hand.”

“I don’t see any problem,” Linc replied. “He’s gay but he’s not available. Back to square one in your plans to get me to become more sociable.”

“Anyone mind if I whap him?” Giorgio asked, glaring at Linc.

“Hey, why me?” Linc held up his hands defensively.

“Because you need someone to smack some common sense into that hard head of yours.”

“Come on, how much damage can a ghost do?” Tom said, then he jumped and ducked when a book barely missed his head. “You’re a poltergeist too?”

“Do I look like a ten-year-old?” Giorgio growled.

“No, you look like a sexy man who should learn to leave well enough alone,” Damian told him, giving him a hug and a kiss on the temple.

“But, but…”

Damian went for the obvious. “And a very nice butt it is too.”

“You are such an ass.”

Instead of replying Damian kissed Giorgio. Suddenly they were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment