Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Writer and the Ghosts - 1


“I’m fricking restless, Damian.”

“And this is a surprise why?” Damian leaned back, stretched, and shook his head. “If you weren’t I’d be worried Giorgio.”

Giorgio arched one dark eyebrow. “So you’re saying I’m always restless?”

“Only when you haven’t found your next ‘victim’.”

“Hard to find one when everyone thinks the place is haunted so the realtor can’t find a buyer.”

“Gee I wonder why they think that.”

Giorgio smirked. “Because it is?”

“No shit Sherlock. And after your last little escapade they’re even more convinced that not only is it haunted but that the ghost, which would be you, is crazy as a loon.”

“I’m not the only one around here,” Giorgio pointed out.

“Who’s a ghost, yeah, but I’m not loony. I don’t go around making a nuisance of myself like someone who shall remain nameless.”

“I was only trying to get them together.”

“By scaring her into his arms?” Damian rolled his eyes. “That only works in bad romance novels. In real life they run for the hills, usually separately the way those two did.”

“You gotta give me kudos for trying.”

“Someday you’re going to grow up and realize you can’t bring everyone together just because you think they should be.”

Giorgio looked down at himself, which he could since he was totally visible at the moment. “Somehow I don’t think I’m growing any older than I am right now.”

“I said, grow up, not grow older, and frankly I like you just the way you are as far as the age thing goes.”

“I hope so.” Giorgio instantly settled in Damian’s lap though he’d been across the room a second beforehand. “I’d be like totally devastated if you didn’t.”

“You’re going to be like dead if you keep talking like that,” Damian grumbled.

Giorgio laughed. “Been there, done that, in case you haven’t noticed.”

“I sort of have, and thankfully so. It was, excuse the pun, dead awful when you were alive and I wasn’t.”

“I know. I guess we can thank my mysterious murderer, whoever it was, for bringing us together.”

“Indeed we…” Damian’s words were smothered by a smoldering kiss from Giorgio which led to more kisses which led to torrid love-making which led to, “Damned if you aren’t the best lover, alive or dead,” fervently uttered by Damian much, much later.

Giorgio preened and smirked. “You know it baby.”

2 comments: