Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally, finally....


I have a computer that works the way it should. This is after buying a new one about five months ago. For the first two plus months it was great. Well if I ignored the occasional ‘blue screen’. Then that happened more and more frequently so into the shop it went. Luckily, it was under warranty. Two weeks later I get it back – new hard drive and mother board.
That lasted for all of three weeks at best, or worst I guess, before it was totally being an SOB. Took it back, again. Went to get it two weeks later only to find out that, despite yet another new hard drive they couldn’t get it to accept the restore. They sent it back to the repair center. We’re now up to three hard drives if you count the original one. A month later, three days ago, they call to say they have it back – but – it’s still not working despite whole new insides.
So now I’ve got a brand new one, different model, same company to replace the old/new one.
Fingers definitely crossed – looking heavenward pleadingly – that this one lasts as long as my six-year-old one that I reverted back to in the interim.
            E.

5 comments:

  1. geez, how ridiculous. Hope this one sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. The bald look from pulling out hair is so not a good look LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empathize with you there. My laptop sucks. My son even refuses to use it and he his desktop one is broke...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. That is really saying something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay hope you get it working. Dre just sent the one I sent her ages ago in for a new motherboard and they said this time it will work right so hopefullyI'll be able to keep up with my important peeps!

    ReplyDelete